BJ Baas Builders, Inc. is a growing, future-focused, regional commercial General Contractor located in Cambridge, MN. We strive for excellence in all we do, and are seeking motivated individuals to help us achieve our goals as a team. Projects range from multi-family, retail and industrial, to medical, religious & higher education.
Job Title: Project Manager
- Facilitate and manage construction projects as a whole. The overall success of the project is your responsibility.
- Will involve estimating at times.
- Assurance that all permits, including utility permits, are in place well ahead of time will be your responsibility.
- Perform Subcontractor qualification (using standard forms) to assure they are fit for the job, to assure they are financially stable and will be consistent with our safety practices.
- Issuance of sub-contractor agreements in preparation of new project start-ups.
- Managing sub-contracts and budgets throughout the course of construction.
- Oversight of all construction activity, material orders and deliveries, and subcontractor management of assigned projects.
- Budget management and accountability for each project- reporting to your manager any changes or potential changes.
- All project financial management work to be done within SAGE 100 program.
- Schedule creation and management for each project using Microsoft Project.
- Communication and coordination with Superintendent to ensure that we are getting necessary documentation (job logs & photos), quality control (special inspections, city inspections, field dimensional checks, etc), and timely material deliveries.
- Client interaction and communication must be frequent and consistent, to develop, and maintain confidence and longevity in our relationship. Our #1 goal is that they refer us, and call us back again in the near future.
- Project closeouts: develop and compile necessary documents as required per project specifications.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills- verbal and written
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Time Management skills
- 2 or 4-year degree in a related field preferred
- Previous construction experience is highly valued
- Self-motivated and a strong work ethic
- Willing to learn and advance
- Opportunities for advancement in a growing company
- Great team culture
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance plan
- Matching 401K plan
Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-691-0444 and ask for HR Director, Jennifer Cameron for more information. For more information on BJ Baas Builders, Inc., please visit our website at www.bjbaas.com.